Monday 20 October 2014

Romania - Liga I 2014/15

Liga Profesionistă de Fotbal.png
Liga I is the Romanian professional league for men's association football clubs. At the top of the Romanian football league system, it is the country's primary football competition. Contested by 18 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with Liga II. Liga I was established in 1909 and commenced play for the 1909–10 campaign, and is currently ranked the 16th in UEFA's league coefficient ranking list. It is part of the Romanian Professional Football League (LPF). Before the 2006–07 season, it was named Divizia A, but the name had to be changed following the discovery that someone else had registered this trademark.Starting with the 2015–16 season, Liga I will only have 14 teams.
The last three teams and the 5th position from the 2013–14 season were initially relegated to their respective 2014–15 Liga II division. Săgeata Năvodari, Poli Timișoara, Corona Brașov were relegated and the 5th-placed Vaslui was relegated due to financial problems after 9 seasons in the top flight.
The first two teams from each of the two divisions of 2013–14 Liga II advanced to Liga I. CSMS Iași promoted as the winners of Seria I. It is their second season in Liga I. The other three teams are also for the first time in Liga I: Rapid București, second place in Seria I, CS Universitatea Craiova and Târgu Mureș from Seria II.
Rapid București was initially not given licence for the 2014–15 Liga I, but on 30 June 2014, the International Court of Arbitration for Sport upheld the appeal of Rapid București and therefore decided that they could promote in Liga I.


Source:  http://www.lpf.ro/


No comments:

Post a Comment